HELP – eAlbum and Digital Download – HELP
How Does This Work?
(like iTunes but much cooler)
It’s as easy as:
– Browse EdgenStore.com.
– Add Some Music To The Cart.
– Buy It (credit card or PayPal).
– Download the .zip or .mp3.
– What are eAlbums?
eAlbums (or ‘edgen albums’) were created for instant download gratification versus having to wait for me to ship you the Album itself. There are a few advantages and disadvantages to buying my music electronically.
– What is an MP3?
MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3, more commonly referred to as MP3, is a patented digital audio encoding format using a form of lossy data compression. It is a common audio format for consumer audio storage, as well as a de facto standard of digital audio compression for the transfer and playback of music on digital audio players.
Using this system eliminates the ‘middle man’ and the funds $$ go directly to the independent artist. In this case, it happens to be me and a small percentage to Mr. Man, “PayPal Fee”.
- No signature / Autograph
- No Physical printed CD or Jewel Case/Artwork
- Instant Download.
- No ShrinkWrap to tear off.
- Easier on Me!! 🙂
- No Middle Man.
- Just like iTunes, but much cooler and no middle man.
- Supports Truly Independent Artists.
- Yea. Yea.
Let’s get started:
– EdgenStore.com Instructions:
- Click around on the store and find something you like. MP3 or eAlbum, or whatever is currently available.
- Once you found your goodies and added them to the cart, hit the view cart button at the top or link in the footer.
- Review Your Order and add any coupon and Hit “Proceed to CheckOut”.
- Fill Out Your First, Last, and Email address.
- You will be redirected to PayPal. PayPal is cool. It’s my friend. It’s Fast, Friendly, and Secure. 🙂 Enter your paypal addy if you have one or enter your significant other’s Credit Card.
- Hit confirm and buy and you are well on your way to getting your music.
- You just purchased a digital product from EdgenStore.com. yay!
- Then… Download your purchased music either by clicking on the download link (.zip or .mp3) or download via an email link.
– Email Download Instructions:
- Once purchased, you’ll receive an email with your receipt and a download link.
- The email receipt will provide a link for you to download the file. (.zip format or .mp3)
- Save the file to your Desktop.
- If the file is a zip, simply uncompress to your desktop or music folder.
- If the file is a .mp3, open it up with Quicktime, VLC, Media Player, iTunes or whatever audio player you may have installed.
- Tell your buds. Enjoy.
– Other Notes:
- Depending on the Size of the Album, it may take a while to download so be sure you have a solid internet connection.
- If you don’t get an email immediately, be sure to check your spam box
- If you still don’t get an email, be sure the payment was indeed a Credit Card or PayPal payment. eChecks sometimes do not clear right away.
- If you still don’t get an email, be sure to send me the transaction number with contact info to justin [@@@] edgenstore.com
Please Note: Once you have clicked on the link, it will expire soon after so be sure you are really really ready before you download the file. (your computer will not shut off, or friends/family disconnect you.)
Some files are up around 100 MB in size, so it may take you a good 20-30 minutes depending on your internet connection.
If you lose the ability to download the file in the allowed time period, please send me an email and I’ll have to reset the download. However; foul play is not tolerated (and has happened before) so please understand that all sales with the eAlbums are final. I will work with you the best that I can, but If I feel you are trying to cheat the system, I’m sorry. You can Make a donation for the remaining amount and I can ship you the actual physical CD; if available. The downloads are tracked on monitored so I will be sure that you have successfully received your file.
– FREE MP3 and eAlbum DOWNLOADS:
Yes. I have some. You’ll just have to browse through the page and find them in the music player. It will have an Icon with “DOWNLOAD”. Simply click and save to your computer. (You may need to Disable your pop or ‘allow popups’ for EdgenStore.com)
– Licensing Music:
Heard the album and want to write up a review? Click on the reviews button for more details. It can be good or bad. Doesn’t matter to me. I enjoy constructive criticism.
– Possible Hiccups/Bugs/Scenarios:
If you are AOL, MSN or some other hotmail user.. I had an issue with them blocking my web server and putting the emails into the spam boxes. Please check the spam folder if you do not recieve an email right away. I have a gMail account and I can use that to send you the purchased links.
If you wish to make a donation, that would rock! There’s a cool “PayPal Calculator” available here: http://www.rolbe.com/paypal.htm that takes care of the fees. So, if you wanted to send $20, PayPal would take out $.88 in fees. I can’t argue at the fee, but just incase you feel incredibly generous towards the indy artist…. 🙂 If you want to donate, please donate to the PayPal address: email@example.com
– Mailing List:
If you dig my work, please sign up on the mailing list and I will inform you of the next album release. (or significant milestone) If you wish to unsubscribe, there will be a clickable link at the bottom of the newsletter.
Lastly.. I hope you enjoy my music. Dump it to your iPod or rip/burn them to a CD. Its all up to you!